by CK Dillon · Filed Under: African American Baby Boomer Health Alert
Today I signed Oprah’s “No Phone Zone” pledge:
And The Verdict Is?
I no longer have conflict. I’ve decided while writing this article that I will go back to Oprah.Com right now, and (Upgrade) to number 3.
“I will no longer make or take any calls and I won’t send or receive any texts, while driving.” Done!
So to all of my friends, family and others who will call or text while I’m driving . . . I say, “Leave a message at the sound of the beep and I will get back to you . . . I Promise . . . after I stop driving.”
Now I have a new dilemma. Since I care for you, my friends and family, and you all read my articles, here is my question.
Should I refuse to talk at length with you, if you are on a cell phone and driving, maybe transporting a loved one?
“Yeah, I said it! And that’s what I thought you’d say. You know my feelings. Friends Let Friends Drive Safely. You need to be concentrating on driving. We’ll talk. When we’re not driving.
“Sooooo, What Are You Waiting For?”
Go here to sign up for the No Phone Zone Pledge today. The life you save may be yours, or mine.
Driving is serious business and it deserves our full attention. I read that our reaction time is 38% slower when we are using cellphones while driving.
Hands-free or speaker, makes no difference. We’re still distracted and we’re still slow. Can we afford to take the chance that we won’t react in time?
Below is the No Phone Zone Pledge. Go ahead, pick one. Then go to Oprah.Com . . . and roll with it.
No Phone Zone Pledge
- I pledge to make my car a No Phone Zone.
- Beginning right now, I will do my part to help put an end to distracted driving by pledging the safest driving behavior I can commit to:
- I will not text while I am driving.
- I will not text while driving, and will use only hands-free calling if I need to speak on the phone while I am driving.
- I will not text or use my phone while I am driving. If I need to use my phone, I will pull over to the side of the road.
Join CreateVitality.Com’s “Better Health for Boomers” Free Newsletter by filling in the Sign Up Form on the right panel.
“Good Health and Success are a Lifestyle . . . Live Well,”
On the Web: Http://CreateVitality.Com